最新消息

首頁 » 最新消息

2020/02/20

跟顏色有關的英文片語-color篇

[Color]

To be colorless
「毫無色彩」形容沒有特色、很無趣的人
*It’s really hard to make conversation with him. He’s just really dull and colorless. 真的很難跟他聊天,他是個無聊乏味的人。

Off color
形容一個人生病、不舒服或不在最佳狀態
*I’ve been really off color for the past few days, I think I might go to the doctor. 我這幾天渾身不對勁,應該去看個醫生。

Sail under false colors
形容掛羊頭賣狗肉
*He seems to be sailing under false colors, I don’t think he really understands what he’s doing! 他似乎是在掛羊頭賣狗肉,我覺得他根本不知道自己在做什麼!

Chase rainbows
想追逐彩虹是不可能的,所以用chase rainbows形容不切實際的目標。
*She’ll never get a decent job if she just chases rainbows all the time. 她如果抱持不切實際的幻想,就不可能找到一份體面的工作。

 

With flying colors
形容成果非常優異、成功。
*I didn’t think I would do so well in the final exam, but I passed it with flying colors! 我沒想過期末考可以考好,結果我高分通過!

See the color of someone’s money
看見錢的顏色,就是證明有足夠的錢買某件東西或做某件事
*The vendor wouldn’t let me touch the items until he saw the color of my money. 在我證明我有足夠的錢之前,攤販都不讓我碰那些商品。

See someone’s true colors
第一次知道別人真實的性格
*I thought I knew her so well, but it was only until I asked her for the money she owed me that I saw her true colors. 我以為自己很了解她,直到我叫她還我錢時,我才知道她真正的樣子。  

 

資料來源:網路、字典、名揚翻譯